Wednesday 3 June 2009

Had a lovely surprise today!

The post came about an hour ago and I had something 'interesting' (anything without a window in the envelope is usually interesting!) addressed to me. When I opened it up, it was a lovely cross stitch kit & frame and a note from a friend of mine. I haven't seen her in years, as she lives in Wales, and to be honest, we sort of lost touch a bit, but lately we'd been playing Scrabble against each other on Facebook. It was so unexpected to get this from her, but it's really, really cheered me up. I'm so grateful for the good friends I have and things like this happening make me realise who my real friends are. People who don't bother to reply to my text messages inviting them to my birthday picnic aren't worth another thought. It's people who are thoughtful and kind like this that I should cherish.
I updated my FB status a few days ago to ".....is wondering why she tries to believe the best in people when all they do it let you down" and the only person to comment was someone who I have never even met! I know her through another forum, yet she took the time to ask if I needed to talk, and sent me a lovely message back when I sent her a message. What the hell is wrong with the world when people have no time for their friends?
I try to be a good friend, I really do. I put thought into buying presents, not just buy whatever fits into my budget half an hour before I meet up with them (and then get your staff to gift wrap them! You know who you are!!!!). I take time to listen to their problems and make sure they know I'm here if they need to talk, but I get nothing back. I can count my good, true, wonderful friends on one hand. People who I know I can turn to when things get to me. I don't always do it, because I know I bottle things up-don't we all? But I know they are there if I did need them. Someone who I could call at 3am in tears and they would listen, not tell me they have to get up for work in a few hours and can they call me tomorrow...
So anyway, getting this present was very nice and I feel really happy now. Sorry for such a long post!

Breakfast-Oatibix
Lunch-2 white rolls with cheese. Coffee
Tea-chicken curry thing that Bob made, brown rice. Fruit tea. Small bowl of ice cream
Snacks-mug of tea with 2 biccies. 2 cream crackers with butter to shut my tummy up as it was growling at me after the biccies!

No comments:

Post a Comment